The Ski-Lo! (37 km)
BRAVE THE LAKE IN WINTER
The Ski-Lo! adventure begins at the Centre Vauvert-sur-le-Lac-Saint-Jean. Participants then cover the distance on a groomed (skate only) and marked trail, interspersed with refreshment points, which will bring them to a grand finale at the splendid site of Chalets et Spa Lac St-Jean, in Chambord.
Participants have a maximum of 4h30 hours to complete the Ski-Lo!
Each participant is committed to raising $750 in donations for the On the Tip of the Toes Foundation, which helps young cancer sufferers regain their well-being. Please note that fundraising is mandatory. Only participants who have completed 100% of their fundraising will be allowed to take departure on February 24.
A maximum of 100 people will have the chance to take up this challenge next February.
Are you ready to brave the cold and the lake?
Participants must pay a registration fee of $125 and raise a minimum of $750 in donations.
Tax receipts may be issued for donations of $20 or more.
Please note that fundraising is mandatory. Only participants who have completed 100% of their fundraising will be allowed to take departure on February 24.
10:45 a.m. Departure of the shuttle bus (provided for all athletes from Chambord finish to Vauvert race start).
13:15 p.m. Meeting of athletes at the starting site.
1:30 p.m. Departure of the Ski-Lo!
In addition to the clothing you will wear at the start of your race, here is the list of mandatory equipment you must have with you throughout your race.
- Running shoes suitable for cold weather (trail or winter shoes) No road or street running shoes will be accepted.
- Clothing adapted to the temperature (multi-layer systems preferred), as colorful as possible to increase visibility:
- Lined insulating coat (ideally synthetic) if not already worn;
- Windproof coat if not already worn;
- Spare gloves or mittens;
- Spare neck warmer or tubular scarf;
- Spare tuque;
- Spare socks.
- Cell phone with fully charged battery (plan to keep it as warm as possible with hand warmers);
- Survival blanket;
- Foot and hand warmers;
- Eye protection (ski goggles) ;
- Clothing with reflective stripes;
- Necessary medication (asthma, EpiPen, etc.);
- Health insurance card;
- Reusable glass (to reduce waste, no glass is available at the refuelling stations. You are responsible for bringing your own bottles, glasses or any other container of your choice).
- Headlamp with at least 100 lumens maximum charge (bring spare batteries or a second lamp);
- 2 lights (bike light style) set to flashing mode (one on the bag + one on the front).
- Energy supplements.
“What a beautiful symbolism to cross the lake with the elements of nature to respect. On the lake, despite the wind and the cold, I was looking at the horizon and I was happy to do this challenge to support young people with cancer who will regain possession of their lives thanks to a Foundation expedition.”
Stéphanie Collard, women’s winner of the 2023 Ski-Lo! (34km) and 4th overall.